ACM SIGMOD Need-Based Travel Grants for Students (deadline: May 7th)
ACM SIGMOD has a limited number of travel grants available for undergraduate and graduate students that need financial support in order to attend the SIGMOD/PODS conference.
Each grant includes a fixed-value travel stipend (up to $1,000). Recipients are required to submit receipts for travel expenses incurred after the conference.
To apply, you must:
- Be a full-time student (undergraduate or graduate).
- Be a SIGMOD member.
- Explain in one short paragraph what is your research and why it would benefit from you attending SIGMOD/PODS.
- Explain with one or two sentences why your advisor cannot support you financially to attend the conference.
Please note that:
- you do not need to have an accepted paper to be eligible
- you do not need to apply for these grants, if you are an undergraduate student with an accepted poster or a PhD student with a paper accepted to the Innovative Database Research Ph.D. workshop. The need-based grants are in addition to those two other types.
To apply, please send your name, full post-mail address, and all applicable information in plain text via email to Alex Labrinidis at sigmod.grants AT gmail DOT com and CC your advisor(s).
- Application Deadline: Friday, May 7th, 2010
- Notification: Monday, May 10th, 2010
- SIGMOD/PODS Early Registration: Friday, May 15th, 2010